Thursday, April 26, 2007

Top 10 Bad Eating Habits

Here's my hall of shame for eating, in no particular order:
  1. Eating in front of the TV or while reading (my particular problem: eating while reading)
  2. Eating before bed
  3. Eating too fast
  4. Eating until you're stuffed (this could also be a compulsion problem)
  5. Eating more protein, fat, and carbs than veggies and fruits
  6. Eating a dinner that's bigger than lunch
  7. Not drinking enough water
  8. Eating too many snacks (not everyone agrees, but I'm going to stick to this one)
  9. Eating at fast-food restaurants (in fact, eating at most restaurants)
  10. Eating irregular amounts and at irregular times

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great list, but I want to know how to change my bad habits.

Ellen Finkelstein said...

Good point. I'll discuss techniques. For now, read my post on ways to deal with compulsion. The techniques are similar, but the results happen more quickly and easily.